Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Games & Hobbies

It's summer so of course my mind turns to games - usually of the outdoor type but there are rainy days when you need to entertain yourself, too. I'll blog about that another day. Unless someone else wants to take that one?

There are sports (croquet, cricket, football, and boxing) and then there were the children's games. Now, one site I read has Games and Sewing under the same heading. As in girls sewed for fun. I'm not seeing this, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who do sew for fun. And I will gladly pay you to do any sewing I may need.

It was also an era when the rules were introduced. Marquess of Queensbury Rules for Boxing was just one. (I learned of these rules through The Quiet Man, that cool ending between John Wayne and Victor McLaglen. Great fight there!)

Rule # 11? No shoes or boots with springs allowed.

Well obviously.

No comments: